Your wedding caterer should be one of the first vendors you hire, either alongside or immediately after you book your venue. Most couples book their wedding caterers about a year before their wedding. Read online reviews to start researching full service caterers, and don’t be afraid to interview more than one before making a decision.
What questions should I ask a wedding caterer before hiring?
To ensure a smooth experience with your wedding caterer, there are several questions you should ask before hiring.
- How much flexibility do we have in terms of our menu options?
- What service styles do you offer?
- Can you handle allergies and dietary restrictions?
- Do you have a liquor license?
- Do you provide rentals?
- How do menu tastings work?
- Can you provide vendor meals?