They’ve walked across the stage, taken their diploma, moved the tassel right to left and thrown their cap into the air. Now, it’s time to celebrate! Graduating is a major accomplishment, and your graduate deserves to have the party to meet the occasion whether you’re planning a college graduation party or a high school graduation party.
This includes an amazing menu that incorporates all of their favorite dishes. If you’re having trouble deciding what foods you want to serve at your party, Simple Fare Catering is here to help. Whether you’re planning on hosting a late morning party with brunch or an afternoon bash filled with appetizers and graduation desserts, we’ve got plenty of ideas for you. So, get out your graduation checklist and get ready to celebrate with these tasty graduation food ideas.
Party Food Themes
When you’re ready to start planning the menu for your graduation party, you’ll want to decide on a theme. A theme will help guide your food and drink selection, and it gives the party a more cohesive look. Take inspiration from the party food theme ideas below:
- A Few of Their Favorite Things: Make a menu out of the graduate’s all time favorite foods. Whether that’s pizza or loaded baked potatoes, it’s sure to be a fun crowd pleaser.
- Brain Food: If you’re already looking to feature a healthier menu, consider a theme of “brain food.” This ties in perfectly to their academic achievement and makes for a guilt-free menu.
- Sweet Victory: Opposite from the “brain food” theme, this theme is all about sweet treats and desserts. Think cookies, cake-pops, and all your grad’s favorite candies.
- Classic Backyard BBQ Party: Backyard barbecues are a long standing graduation party classic for a reason. The menus are delicious. If you know your graduate loves hot dogs and burgers more than anything, this may be the perfect graduation party food theme.
- Hats Off to You: Add decorative graduation caps and diplomas to the foods to accomplish this fun food theme. From graduation cap cupcakes to diploma cookies, everyone’s sure to love anything on your menu.
- School Colors: Simple and classic, create a menu that features foods in the colors of your graduate’s alma mater.